Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Experiencing a water damage event at your home or business is shocking and crushing. You will quickly start asking yourself a million questions and one of the most important ones is who can help? Of course there are other questions that should be asked as well, some questions known, some unknown. Regardless, whatever happens our team is here for you.
Our greater Phoenix area SERVPRO of North Tempe team is a leader in the restoration business and we walk with owners and property managers through the process of remediation. We serve Tempe and surrounding areas.
Severe rain and monsoons are just a few of many environmental hazards that can lead to water damage in a home. SERVPRO of North Tempe has dealt with these kinds of structural issues for years and knows what to look for in assessing water damage. Before you call the experts, however, it's important to keep your own safety in mind.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (480) 456-0000
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.